How To Adopt
Good to know info:
- Sign ups are randomized and duplicate entries are removed.
*Signing up doesn't guarantee you a puppy, you still need to attend the event to meet the puppy and decide in person.
- Walk-ins are added to the bottom of the list after the sign ups have been called.
- Sign ups close 1 hour before the event starts.
- The $5 sign up is a donation to Colorado Puppy Rescue and allows us to take in animals who might need more extensive medical care. It also tells us what pups have people interested in them. We count on knowing who has someone interested in them so we can plan for who may still need foster homes after the event and how many new lives we can commit to taking from our rescue partners.
- Doors open 5 minutes before the date and time listed on the home page.
- If your name is called and you're not present, you will be moved to the bottom of the list when you arrive.
- At the event, you can meet any available puppies and ask any remaining questions about the adoption process.
You'll be required to sign the adoption contract and pay the adoption fee.
(NOTE: the video will answer the majority of your questions).
- After completing the paperwork, you will take your new puppy home from the event.
- To prepare for adoption, our puppies are currently eating Purina Pro Plan Sensitive Skin & Stomach Puppy Food.
You can find this food at Petco, Petsmart, Amazon, and Instacart.
*Remember, your adoption application remains active for 6 months from the time of approval. You don't need to fill out a new application for each event. Please note that Colorado Puppy Rescue reserves the right to refuse an adoption for any reason, even after approval. If you haven't completed the adoption application but signed up on the RSVP list, we won't be able to assist you at this time.*
**Before coming to the adoption event, it's important to watch the adoption video. You'll receive the link to the video in your approval email, and it can also be found on the redirect website after you RSVP.**